Prasar Bharati has signed an MoU with the Public Broadcaster of Argentina Radio Television Argentina (RTA) for collaboration in the field of broadcasting. The MoU encompasses a range of fronts in Media and Broadcasting that is set to exemplify the communication and transmission networking of both nations. India and Argentina share cordial relations and developmental partnerships in the areas of political, economic, scientific and technological cooperation.
The Chief Executive Officer of Prasar Bharati, Shashi Shekhar Vempati and the president of RTA, Rosario Lufrano, signed the agreement in the presence of the Indian Ambassador to Argentina Dinesh Bhatia.
About this MoU:
- The MoU will allow expanding cooperation between both media systems, with the exchange of programs, formats and cultural initiatives and share knowledge and experiences in the fields of culture, education, science, entertainment, sports and news.
- It also opens the doors for cooperation in areas of mutual interest, such as audiovisual platforms, documentaries, animation, comedies, series, installations and incentives for TV production, among others. It also has the possibility of developing personnel exchange for training.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Prasar Bharati CEO: Shashi Shekhar Vempati (2017–);
- Prasar Bharati Founded: 23 November 1997, New Delhi;
- Prasar Bharati Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Prasar Bharati Subsidiary: Doordarshan.