Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar
President Droupadi Murmu has conferred upon Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar at a ceremony in New Delhi. This year, 11 children have been selected for the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar from which, four are from Art and Culture field, one for Bravery, two for Innovation, one for Social Service, and three for Sports. 29 Children have been conferred the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar this Year, selected from all regions of the country for their exceptional achievements in Innovation (7), Social Service (4), Scholastic (1), Sports (8), Art & Culture (6) and Bravery (3) categories. There are 15 Boys and 14 Girls among the awardees belonging to 21 States and UTs.
The winners of PMRBP (Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar) get a medal along with a certificate. Apart from that, they also receive an amount of 1 Lakh Rupees. Besides, they also take part in Republic Day Parade in Rajpath on 26th January every year.
The awards are conferred upon children in the age group of 5–18 years. These awards are given to selected students for their excellence in six categories — art and culture, bravery, innovation, scholastic, social service and sports. This year, four students are being awarded in the art and culture category, one for bravery, two for innovation, one for social service and three children have been selected for sports category.
AWARDEES OF PRADHAN MANTRI RASHTRIYA BAL PURASKAR-2022
|1.||Gauri Maheshwari||Art & Culture||Rajasthan|
|2.||Remona Evette Pereira||Art & Culture||Karnataka|
|3.||Deviprasad||Art & Culture||Kerala|
|4.||Syed Fateen Ahmed||Art & Culture||Karnataka|
|5.||Daulas Lambamayum||Art & Culture||Manipur|
|6.||Dhritishman Chakraborty||Art & Culture||Assam|
|7.||Gurugu Himapriya||Bravery||Andhra Pradesh|
|11.||Vishalini N C||Innovation||Tamil Nadu|
|12.||Jui Abhijit Keskar||Innovation||Maharashtra|
|14.||Aswatha Biju||Innovation||Tamil Nadu|
|17.||Avi Sharma||Scholastic||Madhya Pradesh|
|18.||Meedhansh Kumar Gupta||Social Service||Punjab|
|19.||Abhinav Kumar Choudhary||Social Service||Uttar Pradesh|
|20.||Pal Sakshi||Social Service||Bihar|
|21.||Aakarsh Kaushal||Social Service||Haryana|
|22.||Arushi Kotwal||Sports||Jammu & Kashmir|
|23.||Shriya Lohia||Sports||Himachal Pradesh|
|24.||Telukunta Virat Chandra||Sports||Telangana|
|25.||Chandhary Singh Choudhary||Sports||Uttar Pradesh|
|26.||Jiya Rai||Sports||Uttar Pradesh|
|29.||Anvi Vijay Zanzarukia||Sports||Gujarat|
How Rashtriya Bal Puraskar started?
In order to reward the children for acts of bravery & courage, Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar was set up in 1996. Government has been recognizing exceptional achievement of children and conferring the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar in 6 categories since 1990s. In 2018, the award has been renamed to ‘Bal Shakti Puraskar’ in which children with brave and courageous work are also included to get the award.
Awardees are selected on the basis of the following fields:
- Innovation: A child must do something innovative in the field of science and innovation that must create an impact on humans, living organisms, and the environment.
- Social Service: A child must have taken action against any social issues such as child marriage, sexual assault, etc.
- Education: A child who has possessed an excellent academic performance nationally or internationally is chosen eligible for this award.
- Sports: A child who has possessed an excellent performance nationally or internationally in the field of sports are chosen eligible for this award.
- Arts and Culture: A child who is successful in the fields of music, dance, and painting under this age is considered eligible for the puraskar.
- Bravery: A child who shows bravery and courage in order to make a change in someone’s life or for the environment is chosen for the award.