The Himachal Pradesh government intends to make the state as the first Green Energy State by the end of 2025 by harnessing hydro, hydrogen and solar energy and switching to green products. The State is projected as a Power State in the Country and under the visionary leadership of Chief Minister Thakur Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu, the state government is resolute to promote, develop and harness optimally, the huge energy potential of the State.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Initiative led by Himachal Pradesh
- The state government would also invest in solar plants and will install 500 MW solar projects during the year 2023-24, out of this, 200 MW would be installed by HPPCL for which land has been identified for 70 MW capacity and the rest of the sites will be finalized soon.
- Solar projects up to 150 MW capacity would be installed by HIMURJA through private participation and priority would be given to Himachalis in awarding these projects, he said and added that the capacity of the projects will range from 250 KW to 1 MW.
- The Government of Himachal Pradesh has received a dividend of Rs. 2355 crore against the equity contribution of Rs. 1055 crore and 12 percent free power from Nathpa Jhakri and Rampur hydro power projects amounting to around Rs. 7000 crore so far.
- Thaplan, Solar Power Project (SPP) of 112.5 MW was being set up in district Una. In addition to this, 20 MW SPP Bhanjal and Kadh in Una district, 20 MW in Fatehpur in Kangra district, 30 MW SPP Kolar in Sirmaur district and 12.5 MW in Rajgir in district Kangra were under pre-construction stage.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Himachal Pradesh Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter);
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister: Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu;
- Himachal Pradesh Governor: Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar.
You may also read
- Himachal Pradesh Govt Restores Old Pension Scheme in First Cabinet Meeting
- Himachal Pradesh Government Launched Chief Minister Sukhashray Sahayata Kosh