Smt. Droupadi Murmu has laid the foundation stone of the project ‘Development of Pilgrimage Facilities at Bhadrachalam Group of Temples’ at Sri Seetha Ramachandra Swamivari Devasthanam, Bhadrachalam in Telangana.
The President of India laid the foundation stone for another project called ‘Development of Pilgrimage and Heritage Infrastructure of UNESCO World Heritage Site at Rudreshwara Temple in Telangana. These projects have been approved under the PRASAD Scheme of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
President Murmu Laid Foundation Stone for PRASHAD Project for Two Temples in Telangana- Key Points
- President Droupadi Murmu informed that the famous temples of Telangana are visited by lakhs of pilgrims, and they form the major components of domestic and foreign tourists.
- Tourism increases the livelihood opportunities and income of the people.
- The President appreciated the Ministry of Tourism for boosting spiritual and cultural tourism by developing pilgrimage sites under the ‘PRASHAD’ scheme.
- The PRASHAD scheme was launched in 2014-15 and aims to provide Integrated infrastructure development to pilgrimage and heritage tourism destinations in India.
- Sri Seetha Ramachandra Swamivari Devasthanam is said to be more than 350 years old and is closely associated with Ramayana.
- The project ‘Development of Pilgrimage Facilities at Bhadrachalam Group of Temples’ has been approved by the Ministry of Tourism at an estimated cost of Rs 41.38 crores.