The President of India Droupadi Murmu presented the Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Fellowships (Akademi Ratna) and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puruskar) for the years 2019, 2020, and 2021 in New Delhi on 23rd February 2023.
G. Kishan Reddy, Minister of Culture, Tourism and DoNER, Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs & Culture, Dr. Sandhya Purecha, Chairman, Sangeet Natak Akademi, Uma Nadnuri, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Culture was also present at the awards ceremony.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Prez Droupadi Murmu Conferred Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships and Awards – Key Points
- Parliamentary Affairs informed that, in the 70 years that have spanned from the time of the establishment of the Sangeet Natak Akademi, it can be seen that the institution has been instrumental in the realization of the Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat vision.
- It has been the tradition of artists from India to pay salutations and respect to Maa Saraswati before any performance.
- This gesture symbolizes the huge learnings and wisdom that they have received from Music.
- The Tourism and DoNER, Arjun Ram Meghwal that the year 2023 is very important for India and also for the artists.
- For India, because it has the presidency of G20 and for the artists because they were receiving felicitation in the first year of the Amrit Kaal.
- The Akademi’s fellowship (Akademi Ratna) carries a purse money of Rs. 3,00,000/- (Rupees Three Lakhs only) and the Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) carry a purse money of Rs. 1,00,000 (Rupees One Lakh only). The award also carries a Tamrapatra and Angavastram.
- Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2023: Check the winner’s list
- Dr. Mahendra Mishra awarded the International Mother Language Award in Dhaka