President Droupadi Murmu laid the foundation stone of state-owned energy firm SJVN’s 1,000 MV Bikaner Solar Power Project. The event was done virtually by the President of India in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The project is being implemented by SJVN Limited through its owned subsidiary SJVN Green Energy Limited (SGEL).
The solar power project is being developed on 500 acres near the village of Banderwala, district Bikaner of Rajasthan. It is one of the highest solar yield areas in India.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Prez Droupadi Murmu Laid foundation Stone of SJVN’s 1000 MW Bikaner Solar Power Project – Key Points
- The development cost of the Bikaner Solar Power Project is ₹5492 crore and viability gap funding support of ₹44.72 lacks per megawatt.
- The project is scheduled to be commissioned by March 2024.
- After commissioning the project will generate 2454.55 million units in the first year and approximately 56838 MU would be generated on a cumulative basis over 25 years.
- The maximum usage charges have been fixed at Rs 2.57 per unit.
- This will help in providing cheaper electricity to the consumer.
- Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra and Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot also attended the event.
- Commissioning of this project will help the government to achieve the renewable target of 500 GW by 2030.
- Usage of domestically manufactured Solar Photovoltaic cells and modules shall give a push to the Make in India drive.
- The project will also lead to a reduction in Carbon emissions of 27,85,077 tonnes.
Adda247 Yearbook 2022 Download PDF