Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to make history by becoming the first Prime Minister to visit Ulihatu Village, the birthplace of Bhagwan Birsa Munda. This monumental visit is scheduled for November 15th, where the Prime Minister will pay homage at the Bhagwan Birsa Munda Memorial Park cum Freedom Fighter Museum in Ranchi.
Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas Celebrations: Launch of Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra
On the occasion of Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas, PM Modi will kickstart the ‘Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra.’ This initiative underscores the Prime Minister’s commitment to ensuring the saturation of flagship government schemes, reaching every targeted beneficiary in a timely manner. The Yatra aims to create awareness and deliver the benefits of various welfare schemes directly to the people.
- The Yatra will commence with the flagging off of Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) vans in Khunti, Jharkhand.
- Its focus will be on providing essential services such as sanitation facilities, financial services, electricity connections, housing for the poor, and more.
- The Yatra will initially cover districts with significant tribal populations and gradually extend to all districts nationwide by January 25th, 2024.
PM PVTG Mission: Empowering Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups
During the celebration, PM Modi will launch the ‘Pradhan Mantri Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PM PVTG) Development Mission.’ With a budget of approximately Rs 24,000 crores, this mission aims to uplift 75 PVTGs residing in 220 districts across 18 states and UTs.
- The mission will provide basic facilities like road and telecom connectivity, electricity, housing, clean water, sanitation, education, healthcare, and sustainable livelihood opportunities.
Supporting Farmers: 15th Instalment of PM-KISAN
In a testament to the government’s commitment to farmer welfare, the Prime Minister will release the 15th instalment of about Rs. 18,000 crores under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN). This direct benefits transfer will reach over 8 crore beneficiaries, bringing the total amount transferred to farmers’ accounts to over Rs. 2.62 lakh crores in 14 instalments.
Infrastructure Development: Unveiling Projects Worth Rs. 7200 Crores
Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate, dedicate to the nation, and lay the foundation stone for projects totaling around Rs. 7200 crores across various sectors, including rail, road, education, coal, petroleum, and natural gas.
- Foundation stones will be laid for projects such as the four-laning of Mahagama – Hansdiha section and Basukinath – Deoghar section of NH133 and NH114 A, respectively.
- Inauguration and dedication will include the new campus of IIM Ranchi, a new hostel for IIT ISM Dhanbad, a Petroleum Oil and Lubricants (POL) depot in Bokaro, and several railway projects.
- Notably, the achievement of 100% Railway Electrification in Jharkhand State will also be dedicated to the nation by the Prime Minister.