The Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela is organized every year by the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) and this year it will be held in New Delhi from 2nd to 4th March 2023. The Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela will be inaugurated by the Chief Guest, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar. This time the theme of the fair is “Nutrition, Food and Environmental Protection with Shree Anna”.
Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela Organized by IARI in New Delhi- Key Points
- IARI Director Dr. A.K. Singh informed that the main attractions of the fair for this year will be Technical Sessions on important and contemporary issues in Agriculture, and the development of the Shree Anna-based value chain under the International Year of Millets.
- Thematic exhibitions of key technologies will also be organized, while stalls of research institutes, startups, and entrepreneurs will be set up.
- Shree Anna-based stall will educate about different types of Shree Anna, their cultivation practices, value addition, and nutritional value.
- Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad as well as VPKAS Almora, CAZRI Jodhpur, and S.K.N. Agricultural University, Jobner, which are involved in research on Shree Anna, will also participate in the fair. Agri-startups, especially Shree Anna-based startups will set up their stalls.
- Live demonstrations of important varieties of wheat, mustard, gram, vegetables, flowers, and fruits will be held at the fair.
- There will be a live webcast of the fair for the benefit of remote farmers and consumers, and there will also be stalls for farmers, entrepreneurs, and input agencies.
- Awards will be given by the institute to encourage the farmers. During this, the Innovative Farmers’ Conference will facilitate the exchange of ideas among the farmers.
- PM Modi to disburse 13th instalment of Rs 16,800cr under PM-KISAN
- Nitin Gadkari Inaugurated 7 National Highway Projects in MP