As part of the celebrations for Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath debuted “Radio Jaighosh” to commemorate the anniversary of the Kakori Train Action. To promote performing arts, regional specialties from Uttar Pradesh, folk art, and gallantry award recipients, the state’s Department of Culture is developing a community radio station and also the “Radio Jaighosh” is a part of it.
Radio Jaighosh: Channel and Timing
- From the recently restored studio of the Sangeet Natak Akademi in Lucknow, “Radio Jaighosh” will be audible at 107.8 MHz and will air programmes from 6 am to 10 pm every day.
- The Radio Jaighosh’s mobile application and social media pages will also have access to the programmes.
Radio Jaighosh: About
- The daily radio programmes “Parakram” and “Shaurya Nagar” will feature folktales from all 75 of the state’s districts and feature valiant troops from both the pre- and post-Independence eras as well as unsung heroes on the “Radio Jaighosh”.
- Kala Yatra will focus on performing arts, Rajya ki Rasoi on Uttar Pradesh’s delicacies, Rang Shala on theatre performers, Rajya ki Raftaar on government initiatives, and Rang Yatra on visual arts on the “Radio Jaighosh”.
- Additionally, there will be regular shows on education on the “Radio Jaighosh”.