Rajesh Exports, a gold retailer based in Bangalore, has announced plans to invest $3 billion to build India’s first display manufacturing plant. This is a major revolutionary investment as Display manufacturing Industry has traditionally been absent from India’s diverse electronics manufacturing industry. As the world steadily recovers from the chip shortage, countries all around the world are enacting measures to stimulate domestic semiconductor manufacturing investment.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Telangana’s government has declared that a business called Rajesh Exports will build India’s first display manufacturing plant in the state. They have put around $3 billion on this.
- The facility will be set up by Elest, a business that makes screens for cellphones and electric vehicles.
- Many programmes, such as the PLI plan, have been created by the Indian government to encourage enterprises to produce domestically in India.
- Telangana has positioned India as a global leader in advanced high-tech manufacturing.
- The things that was previously only possible in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan will now be possible in Telangana, to build a large-scale ecosystem of partners and ancillaries capable of supplying world-class television, smartphone, and tablet manufacturers.
What is Display Manufacturing?
Display manufacturing is an outlier in the electronics sector, where the constant goal is to minimise the size of items and technologies. It’s one of the only industries failing to keep up with the need for more advanced technology, tools, and manufacturing facilities. Display manufacturers are frequently pushing the envelope in the opposite direction in a world where smaller is better.