Rajnath Singh, Minister of defence, to improve coordination between the armed forces, announced the creation of unified theatre commands of three services. India is fast transitioning from being the world’s top importer of defence equipment to an exporter. The defence minister was addressing at a ceremony held by the Jammu & Kashmir People’s Forum in this city to honour the Indian Armed Forces martyrs.
- The defence minister paid tribute to the Kargil martyrs and stated that the nation could never forget the ultimate sacrifice they made in order to preserve the nation’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- Rajnath Singh, Defence Minister noted that India was the world’s top importer of defence products (of defence products).
- India is currently among the top 25 countries that export defence goods, despite not being the largest buyer in the world.
- According to the defence minister, the nation started exporting defence goods worth Rs 13,000 crore and has set a goal to boost that amount to Rs 35,000 to Rs 40,000 crore by 2025–2026.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Defence Minister of India: Rajnath Singh
- Chief of Army Staff: General Manoj Pande