The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up an academic advisory council called ‘College of Supervisors (CoS)’ to further strengthen supervision over regulated entities. The Cos will be headed by former deputy governor N S Viswanathan and will have five other members.
WARRIOR 4.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Class
The objective of the council will be to identify areas where skill building/up-skilling are required, plan and develop curricula of all programmes, benchmark the programmes with international standards/best practices, and develop appropriate teaching methods, etc.
Other members include:
- Arijit Basu, State Bank of India Managing Director
- Paresh Sukhankar, former HDFC Bank Deputy Managing Director
- S Raghunath of Banglore IIM
- Tadhagatha Bandyophyay of Ahemadabad IIM and
- Subrata Sarkar of IGIDR, Mumbai.