Vivek Kumar Dewangen, a Manipur cadre 1993 batch IAS officer, has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director of REC Ltd., Ministry of Power. In a top-level bureaucratic upheaval, the Centre has nominated senior IAS officer Nidhi Chibber as the chairperson of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Vivek Kumar Dewangen is now the Ministry of Power’s Additional Secretary. Nidhi Chibber is the Additional Secretary of the Ministry of Heavy Industries. She is a 1994 batch Indian Administrative Service officer from the Chhattisgarh cadre. She has been appointed as the chairwoman of the CBSE with the status and pay of Additional Secretary to the Indian government.
Other Important Appointments:
- Additional Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) S Gopalakrishnan has been appointed to the Department of Health and Family Welfare.
- According to the decision, Rakesh Sarwal, Additional Secretary, NITI Aayog, would be the Managing Director of the Ministry of Minority Affairs’ National Waqf Development Corporation Ltd.
- Aditi Das Rout, the Ministry of Women and Child Development’s Joint Secretary, has been promoted to Additional Secretary.
- Additional Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat will be Shyam Bhagat Negi, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Coal.
- Manisha Sinha, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Finance’s Department of Economic Affairs, has been promoted to Additional Secretary.
- Kumar Anugreh Prasad Sinha has been promoted to Additional Secretary of the National Disaster Management Authority.