India’s wealthiest woman, Roshni Nadar Malhotra becomes the new chairman of Noida-based IT company, HCL Technologies. The appointment of non-executive director Roshni Nadar Malhotra to the new role takes effect immediately. She will replace her father, Shiv Nadar. Shiv Nadar will continue to be HCL Tech’s managing director, with the designation as the chief strategy officer.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
About Roshni Nadar Malhotra:
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra has been the executive director and CEO of HCL Corporation, vice-chairperson of the board of HCL Technologies, and trustee of the Shiv Nadar Foundation.
- At HCL Corporation, She has been responsible for providing strategic guidance to the organisation.
- She was inducted as an additional director on the board of India’s third-largest software exporter in the year 2013.
- This was just four years after her appointment on the board of HCL Corp, the holding company of HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems.
- She is passionate about wildlife and conservation and set up The Habitats Trust in 2018. The trust aims at protecting the country’s natural habitats and indigenous species, with the core mission of creating and conserving sustainable ecosystems.