Sadbhavna Diwas 2022
India celebrates Sadbhavna Diwas in memory of Rajiv Gandhi’s birth anniversary. Sadbhavna Diwas 2022 commemorates the 78th birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi on 20th August 2022. Sadbhavna Diwas was instituted after the death of Rajiv Gandhi in 1992, by Congress. Sadbhavna Diwas promotes peace, harmony, empathy, and unity among all citizens of India. On this several cultural events and contests are organized across the country.
Sadbhavna Diwas 2022: Importance
- Sadbhavna Diwas promotes harmony, peace, national integrity, unity, and empathy among all citizens of India
- On this day, we celebrate the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi, and senior Congress officials and close relatives pay tribute to him.
- Sadbhavna Diwas is also known for spreading awareness about greenery, protection of the environment, and the beauty of nature.
- This day promotes awareness among people about environmental challenges faced by the earth day by day.
- This day also promotes planting at least one sapling to be a part of the environment.
About Rajiv Gandhi
Rajiv Gandhi was born on 20th August 1944, and he was an Indian politician representative of the Indian National Congress. Rajiv Gandhi served as Prime Minister of India from 1984 to 1989. He was the youngest Prime Minister of India; he was only 40 years old when he was appointed as the Prime minister of India. He comes from the family of India’s greatest politicians. He was the grandson of the first Prime minister of India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and was the son of the first female prime minister of India Indira Gandhi. Rajiv Gandhi, the youngest Prime Minister always promoted communal harmony, unity, and integrity in India. He was also considered as the Ambassador of Goodwill in the rest of the World. He belonged to a modern mindset and has always seeded the idea of India being a developed nation.