Sakurajima Volcanic Eruption
A Volcanic eruption took place on Japan’s main southern island of Kyushu. The locals are ordered to evacuate the place as soon as possible so that no person is affected by the volcanic eruption. The officials and Government of japan have taken safety measures to make sure that the locals are safe.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- The eruption was followed by a showing of red-hot rocks and dark fumes from the Sakurajima volcano in Kagoshima Prefecture.
- Till now, there are no reports of any damage caused by the volcanic eruption.
- The alert level for the eruption has been raised to five.
- The Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihiko Isozaki has ensured that the people’s life will be their priority and everyone is prepared to face any kind of emergency.
- During Saturday and Sunday, the Volcano erupted about four times with plumes of 1200m.
- The largest eruption occurred on Sunday, where rocks were blown off to 2.5 km away in the southern part of the city, as reported by the Japanese Meteorological Agency.
Sakurajima is situated on the main southern island of Kyushu in Japan. Sakurajima was an island, which has the highest number of active volcanoes in Japan and that has erupted repeatedly. It is about 1000km away from the Southwest of Tokyo. In 1914, Sakurajima faced a hazardous volcanic eruption killing 58 people, after which it became peninsular.
Volcanoes in Japan
These are the most remarkable volcanoes in Japan.
- Mount Fuji- It is a well-known active volcano located in Honshu. It is the tallest peak in Japan with 3,776m of elevation. In Asia, it is the second highest peak Volcano and ranks 7th in the world’s highest peak.
- Mount Unzen- It is a group of Volcanoes. The most dangerous eruption from Mount Unzen was noted on 1792 killing 15,000 people.
- Mount Aso- It is an active volcano with one of the largest Caldera in the world. It is located in Kyushu’s Kumamoto prefecture. It is also the largest volcano in Japan.
- Mount Kirishima- It is located in Kagoshima Prefecture and Miyazaki Prefecture, Kyushu, in Japan. It is an active volcano of 1700m.
- Oshima-Oshima Volcano- It is the most dormant volcano in Japan. It last erupted in 1741 and killed almost 1500 people.