‘Samajik Adhikari Shivir’ was organized by the Department of SJ&E in association with ALIMCO, Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC), and District Administration Nagpur. The ‘Samajik Adhikari Shivir’ was organized for the distribution of aid and assisting devices to Senior Citizens under ‘Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana’ (RVY Scheme) and ‘Divyangjan‘ under the ADIP scheme of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
The Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari and Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar were the chief guests of the inaugural ceremony. He inaugurated the Campaign and distributed different kinds of aids and assisting devices to Divyangjan and Senior Citizens.
Key Points related to ‘Samajik Adhikari Shivir’
- Total of 2,41,200 aids and assistive devices worth Rs. 3483 lakhs will be distributed free of cost under the Central Government.
- A total of 27,356 senior citizens and 7,780 Divyangjan will be benefited from this camp.
- The Divyang Park of Maharashtra will be established soon, as the Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar informs about the progress.
- The Divyang Park will have various facilities available like a sensory garden, textile pathway touch and smell garden, skill training facilities, rehabilitation facility, and sports.
- The distribution of the aids and assistive devices will be divided into phases.
- The senior citizen and Divyangjans who were registered during the assessment camps by ALIMCO will be given first preference.
- Different types of assistive devices will be distributed including 30 motorized tricycles, 98 tricycles, 1520 wheelchairs, 305 Crutches, 6488 walking sticks, 21 Braille kits, and many other assistive aids and devices.