Chairman of Bajaj Finserv Limited, Sanjiv Bajaj has assumed the office of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) President for the year 2022-23 after replacing the CEO of Tata Steel, TV Narendran. The newly constituted National Council of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) at a meeting elected its new office-bearers for the year 2022-23.
Career of Sanjiv Bajaj:
- Bajaj, an alumnus of the Harvard Business School in US, has been engaged with CII for many years at the State, Regional and National level. He was the President-Designate for 2021-22 and the Chairman of the Western Region during 2019-20.
- He has several awards to his credit including AIMA’s Managing India Award’s Entrepreneur of the Year (2019), ET’s Business Leader of the Year (2018), Financial Express’ Best Banker of the Year (2017-18), Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year (2017) and Transformational Leader Award at the 5th Asia Business Responsibility Summit (2017). He is also a recipient of the Business World’s Most Valuable CEOs in India for 2015 and 2016.
- The Chairman and CEO of Hero MotoCorp Limited, Pawan Munjal has taken over as CII President-Designate for 2022-23. Executive Vice Chairman of TVS Supply Chain Solutions, R Dinesh has been appointed as a Vice President of CII.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Confederation of Indian Industry Founded: 1895;
- Confederation of Indian Industry Headquarters: New Delhi, India;
- Confederation of Indian Industry Director-General: Chandrajit Banerjee;
- Confederation of Indian Industry Motto: Charting Change Enabling Development.