World’s Largest Glass Bottom Bridge was opened in Vietnam. It is called Vietnam’s Bach Long pedestrian bridge, which is 632m (2,073ft) long and located 150m (492ft) above a huge jungle. As per the reports, the Asian country has opened a glass-bottomed bridge suspended above a lush jungle. It surpasses a 526m Glass Bottom Bridge in Guangdong, China.
The Bach Long pedestrian bridge means ‘white dragon’ in Vietnamese. The bridge suspends above the rainforest The bridge can support up to 450 people at a time and the floor of the bridge is made from tempered glass.
Interesting facts about the world’s largest glass-bottom bridge
- The bridge was inaugurated coincidentally on the 47th anniversary of the end of the Vietnamese war.
- The structure of the bridge is said to be about three-fourths the height of Burj Khalifa Tower and it is said to be the longest bridge in the world.
- Bach Long means “white dragon” in Vietnamese.
- At a time 450-500 people can walk on the glass-bottom bridge.
- The bridge is under the surveillance of guards who ensure that the traffic only flows in one direction.
- The bridge was shut for two years for the tourist due to the global pandemic Covid-19.
- The Guinness World Records are yet to confirm the claim of the company which says the glass-bottom bridge is the tallest and longest bridge in the world.
- The bridge is 632m long and 150m above the ground. It surpasses the 526m Glass Bottom bridge in Guangdong in China
- It has a unique architectural structure and design which is one of the main attractions for the tourist.
- The Bach Long Bridge is Located in the Moc Chau district of the Son La province in Vietnam.
The terrifying bridge curves around mountainsides and finally spans a valley between two peaks. Made from French tempered glass, the bridge can support 450 daring visitors at once. The Bach Long Bridge is the country’s third glass bridge although it is arguably the most impressive.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Vietnam Capital City: Hanoi;
- Vietnam Currency: Vietnamese dong;
- Vietnam Prime Minister: Phạm Minh Chính.
FAQs related to the longest bridge in the world
1. What is the longest bridge in our world?
Ans. The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge in China is the longest in the world. It is 164,800m.
2. What are the 10 longest bridges in the world?
Ans. The 10 longest bridges in the world are Danyang Kunshan Grand Bridge, Changed Grand Bridge, Changhua Kaohsiung Viaduct, Tianjin Grand Bridge, Weinan Weihe Grand Bridge, Hong Kong Zhuhai Macao Bridge, Bang Na Expressway, Beijing Grand Bridge, Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, and Line 1, Wuhan Metro Bridge.
3. Where is the longest bridge in the world in 2021?
Ans. Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge is the longest bridge in the world in 2021.
4. What are the top five longest bridges?
Ans. The top five longest bridges are Beijing Grand Bridge, Bang Na Expressway, Weinan Weihe Grand Bridge, Tianjin Grand Bridge, and Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge.