Sansad Ratna award 2023
13 members of Parliament (MP) have been nominated for the Sansad Ratna Awards 2023. The Jury Committee of eminent Parliamentarians and civil society, chaired by Arjun Ram Meghwal (State Minister of Parliamentary Affairs) and Co-Chaired by T S Krishnamurthy (Former Chief Election Commissioner of India) has nominated eight MPs from Lok Sabha and five from Rajya Sabha for the Sansad Ratna Awards 2023. These nominations are based on cumulative performance in questions, private members’ bills and members’ debates from the beginning of the 17th Lok Sabha till the end of the Winter Session 2022.
Notably: The 13th Sansad Ratna Awards 2023 will be presented on March 25 in the national Capital.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Sansad Ratna Awards 2023 nominated from Lok Sabha
- Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury (INC, West Bengal),
- Gopal Chinayya Shetty (BJP, Maharashtra),
- Sudhir Gupta (BJP, Madhya Pradesh) and
- Dr. Amol Ramsing Kolhe (NCP, Maharashtra)
- Bidyut Baran Mahato (BJP, Jharkhand),
- Dr. Sukanta Majumdar (BJP, West Bengal),
- Kuldeep Rai Sharma (INC, Andaman Nicobar Islands),
- Dr Heena Vijayakumar Gavit (BJP, Maharashtra),
Sansad Ratna Awards 2023 from Rajya Sabha
- Smt Fauzia Tahseen Ahmed Khan (NCP, Maharashtra)
- Dr. John Brittas (CPI-M, Kerala),
- Dr. Manoj Kumar Jha (RJD, Bihar),
- Vishambhar Prasad Nishad (Samajwadi Party, UP) and
- Smt Chhaya Verma (INC, Chhattisgarh)
Two Parliamentary Committees of Lok Sabha nominated for Sansad Ratna Award 2023
- Rajya Sabha’s Standing Committee on Tourism, Transport, and Culture, chaired by Vijay Sai Reddy
- Lok Sabha’s Parliamentary Committee on Finance, chaired by Jayant Sinha
Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Lifetime Achievement Award: T K Rangarajan, (Former Rajya Sabha MP for two terms and a Senior CPIM Leader).
Some facts about Sansad Ratna Awards:
Sansad Ratna Awards were instituted on the suggestion of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam to honour top performing Parliamentarians. He himself inaugurated the first edition of the award ceremony in 2010 in Chennai. So far, 90 top performing parliamentarians have been honoured and all of them have received the award individually. K. Srinivasan is the Founder Chairman of the Sansad Ratna Award Committee and Ms. Priyadarshini Rahul is the Chairman.
You may also read this:
- Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2023: Check the winners list
- 76th BAFTA Awards 2023: Check the complete list of winners