SC-ST hub conclave : The Ministry of MSME hosted the National SC-ST Hub Conclave in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, to raise awareness of the National SC-ST Hub Scheme and other Ministry programmes. Dr. Kirit Premjibhai Solanki, a member of parliament and chairman of the parliamentary standing committee on the welfare of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, as well as other important dignitaries, attended the conclave.
SC-ST hub conclave : Key Points
- More than 300 SC-ST business owners attended the event. The keynote talk was given by Ms. Mercy Epao, Joint Secretary, Ministry of MSME, after all the dignitaries and attendees were greeted by Shri Gaurang Dixit, Chairman-cum-Managing Director, National Small Industries Corporation Limited.
- The colloquium offered aspiring and established SC-ST business owners a forum for interaction with CPSEs, financing organisations, GeM, RSETI, TRIFED, etc.
- Speaking at the event, Dr. Solanki recommended that more SC-ST business owners in Gujarat State take use of the NSSH Scheme’s benefits.
- Additionally, he advised the bankers in the audience to give SC-ST businesses priority when providing loan support so that they wouldn’t encounter any problems expanding their commercial capacity.
- He underscored the Prime Minister’s goal of making people employment producers rather than job seekers and the role SC-ST businesses play in boosting the Indian economy.
SC ST hub conclave : Goods and Services
CPSEs such National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd., Food Corporation of India, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, and Indian Oil Corporation Limited participated in the event and presented information on their vendor empanelment procedures and lists of goods and services that needed to be purchased. Financial organisations including State Bank of India and Yes Bank also attended the summit. They gave information on several loan programmes related to the MSME sector. GeM, KVIC, RSETI, District Industry Center, MSME-DFO, Ahmedabad, and other government agencies also took part in the session and presented their different programmes to help MSMEs. To assist SC-ST MSE participants, the conference provided facilitation stations for UDYAM Registration and GeM Registration.