The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 14 projects worth Rs 1,145 crore. The projects include the following aspects sewerage management, curbing industrial pollution, and biodiversity conservation among others. The project was approved at the 45th meeting of the executive committee under the championship of G Asok Kumar, Director General, NMCG.
Key Points related to National Mission for Clean Ganga
- The project includes eight aspects related to sewerage management in five main stems Ganga basins states of Uttrakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, and West Bengal.
- In Uttar Pradesh four sewerage management projects were approved.
- The sewerage management projects include tapping of Assi drain in Varanasi by constructing a 55 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant (STP).
- The project was sanctioned to achieve zero untreated discharge from three drains Assi, Samne Ghat, and Nakhha.
- The other projects include the construction of 13 MLD STP and renovation of existing structures among others in Vrindavan for Rs 77.70 crore.