Typhoon Nanmadol has recorded furious winds and rainfall in several parts of Japan. Typhoon Nanmadol is one of the biggest storms to hit Japan in years. Prime Minister Fumio Kishida has delayed his departure to New York, where he is due to deliver a speech at the UN General Assembly. The Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA), has advised people to be highly vigilant and prepared for heavy rains, high waves, gales, and storm surges.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to Typhoon Nanmadol
- Typhoon Nanmadol is the 14th typhoon in Japan.
- Typhoon Nanmadol made landfall near Kagoshima city and later the typhoon took over the western island of Kyushu and the main island of Honshu.
- Till now, the death of one person is recorded due to a flooded river in the typhoon Nanmadol, and 69 people were injured.
- About 3,40,000 households were without electricity during the typhoon.
- The Kyushu Railway Co halted operations in Kyushu.
- Japan Airlines Co Ltd and ANA Holdings canceled about 800 flights.