The Sculpture Park at Bikaner House in New Delhi was inaugurated by Rajasthan Chief Secretary Usha Sharma. Sculpture Park showcases a fusion of modern and contemporary art and culture in the traditional setting of Bikaner House.
The Sculpture Park is a trailblazer in the national capital and offers a premier platform for emerging artists to showcase their work with ease.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Sculpture Park at Bikaner House Inaugurated in New Delhi- Key Points
- The Sculpture Park at Bikaner House is the first of its kind in the capital and will serve as a milestone in promoting modern and contemporary art.
- It showcases works from renowned and emerging artists from India and the world, connecting Rajasthani art, culture, and heritage with national and international recognition.
- Chief Secretary Sharma highlighted that the launch of the sculpture park and the “Bikaner House Dialogues on Art, Literature, and Culture” is a unique initiative that provides a platform for young artists to showcase their contemporary works.
- It will also allow senior artists to connect with their roots through the recognition of architecture in sculpture parks.
Sculpture Park at Bikaner House Inaugurated in New Delhi- Featured Works
The first open-air exhibition at Bikaner House features the works of the following artists:
- Akhil Chandra Das (Monk)
- Tapas Biswas (Benares Ghats, Three Girls)
- Satish Gupta (Garuda and Zen Forest)
- Satish Gujaral (The Trinity), KS Radhakrishnan (Airbond Maya on The Move)
- Tutu Patnaik (Tree), Dhananjay Singh (Faces 2)
- Neeraj Gupta (Between Heaven and Earth)
- Elanchezhiyan Pichaikannu (Krishna and Bull)
- G Reghu (Two Untitled Heads)
- Subodh Kerkar (Cowrie Disk)
- Seema Kohli (Saraswati)
- Sudip Roy (12:40 pm K R Nariman Windswept)
- Paresh Maity (The Pair).