BSE Ltd announced that the market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has approved Sundararaman Ramamurthy as the managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of the exchange. The top position was vacant since July when the then MD & CEO Ashish Kumar Chauhan resigned from the post to join the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
SEBI Announced Sundararaman Ramamurthy the New MD & CEO of BSE- Key Points
- Sundararaman Ramamurthy is the chief operating officer of the India arm of Bank of America Corp.
- He has previously worked as a senior vice president at National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- The top position has been vacant since July when Ashishkumar Chauhan stepped down as the chief executive of BSE.
- BSE had earlier said that an executive management committee of the exchange will be running its affairs till the appointment of the new MD and CEO.
- Sundararaman Ramamurthy, 62, will replace Ashish Chauhan as the new managing director and chief executive of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).