Securities and Exchange Board of India has restructured its advisory committee on Investor Protection and Education Fund (IPEF), under the chairmanship of G Mahalingam. The advisory committee on IPEF is an eight-member committee that will take G Mahalingam, former Whole Time Member of SEBI, as its new Chairperson. Members of Committee: Vijay Kumar Venkataraman, Mrin Agarwal, A Balasubramanian, M G Parameswaran, GP Garg, N Hariharan and Jayanta Jash.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
About the committee:
- In 2013, the committee was established by the SEBI to find out ways and means to best utilize the investor protection and education fund. Earlier the committee was headed by Abraham Koshy, former professor of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A), Gujarat.
- The committee is mandated to recommend investor education and protection activities for the utilization of the SEBI Investor Protection and Education Fund (IPEF).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Securities and Exchange Board of India Founded: 12 April 1992.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India Headquarters: Mumbai.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India Agency executive: Ajay Tyagi.
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees