Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who is basking in the glory of the success of the blockbuster ‘Pathaan’, has proved he is the ultimate king. The actor won the 2023 TIME100 Reader Poll, beating the likes of royal-couple Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Argentinian player Lionel Messi, and Meta founder Mark Zuckerberg. It is the readers of the magazine who voted for the world-renowned personalities they believe deserve a spot on TIME’s annual list of the most influential people. Securing the lead position in Time Magazine’s poll for its annual TIME100 list, SRK bagged over 1.2 million votes. The American publication said that the actor bagged 4 per cent of votes in the poll.
Overview of the News
- For the second spot, the readers picked the Iranian women protesting for more freedom in the country’s Islamic regime. They garnered 3 per cent of the vote.
- The protestors were named TIME’s 2022 Heroes of the Year and had won last year’s Person of the Year reader poll too.
- The healthcare workers of the US made it to the third place with 2% of the votes as they were at the forefront of the global pandemic since 2020. 2020, health care workers overwhelmingly reported feeling stress, anxiety, burnout and exhaustion,” The TIME report said.
- With 1.9 per cent vote share, Harry and his wife Meghan came third and fourth on the poll. The 38-year-old royal made headlines in January after his memoir ‘Spare’ hit the stands. The Duke of Sussex shared shocking details about Britain’s royal family.
- Soccer star Messi, who helped Argentina win the World Cup in Qatar against France last year, earned his place at the fifth spot. He got 1.8 per cent of the votes. Other stars and noteworthy figures who featured on the poll included Oscar-winning actress Michelle Yeoh, former tennis player Serena Williams, Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and Zuckerberg.
You may also read this: