The 40th Meeting of the SAARCFINANCE Governors’ Group was held virtually, under the Chairmanship of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor, RBI. The meeting was attended by the Governors from SAARC central banks. During the meeting, Mr Das also inaugurated the SAARCFINANCE Sync, a closed user group secure communication network.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
About SAARCFINANCE Sync:
- In his opening remarks, Governor Shri Das highlighted the close partnership and co-operation among the member countries in jointly fighting the pandemic.
- The group took stock of the macroeconomic situation in the SAARC region; discussed the current SAARCFINANCE initiatives; and the way ahead.
- The Governors reaffirmed their commitment to continued co-operation and sharing of central bank experiences.
- SAARCFINANCE is a network of central bank governors and finance secretaries of the SAARC region.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the current chair of SAARCFINANCE.
The meeting was attended by the Governors from SAARC central banks:
- Mr Fazle Kabir, Bangladesh Bank;
- Mr Dasho Penjore, Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan;
- Shri Shaktikanta Das (Chairperson), Reserve Bank of India;
- Mr Ali Hashim, Maldives Monetary Authority;
- Mr Maha Prasad Adhikari, Nepal Rastra Bank;
- Dr Reza Baqir, State Bank of Pakistan;
- Prof. W. D. Lakshman, Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
- Governor, Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB) was represented by a senior official of DAB.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- SAARCFINANCE Established– September 9, 1998.
- SAARCFINANCE Current Chair– RBI(Reserve Bank of India).
- Central Banks in SAARCFINANCE– Bangladesh Bank, Central Bank of Sri Lanka, Da Afghanistan Bank, Maldives Monetary Authority, Nepal Rastra Bank, Reserve Bank of India, Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan, State Bank of Pakistan.
Find More Summits and Conferences Here