Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has decided to launch a special train ‘Swavalamban Express’ on June 05, 2020, to empower budding entrepreneurs under its mission Swavalamban. It will construct an inter-connected small enterprise ecosystem that will include business aspirants, mentors, experts and experience at all.
Important facts about ‘Swavalamban Express’:
- The train will visit 11 cities in 15 days and will cover a 7000 km journey.
- Around 20 workshops and interactions will be held to promote entrepreneurial culture among the youth about financial and non-financial aspects of enterprise running.
- Participant individuals should be between the age of 20 and 35 years.
- The train will start from Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh-UP) and thereafter to Jammu, Delhi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata and finally reach Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh).
- The train journey will also focus on the Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi’s vision of becoming a $5 trillion economy by 2024-25.
- It has also planned that more than 150 experts and mentors will travel together to share and meet their expertise and experiences.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Headquarters of SIDBI: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Chairman and MD of SIDBI: Mohammad Mustafa.