The South Eastern Railways (SER) has launched the project, “Operation my Saheli” to enhance the security of women passengers in the train throughout the entire journey from the originating point to their destinations.
About Operation my Saheli:
Since 18th September 2020, The pilot version of the project “Operation my Saheli” has been introduced in 3 trains: Howrah-Yesvantpur Duronto Special, Howrah- Ahmedabad Special and Howrah-Mumbai Special. ”Operation my Saheli” is executed under the Framework of “Nirbhaya Fund” and no additional expenditure is provided by the Head of Railways.
Features of Operation my Saheli:
- Team of Women Sub Inspectors briefed the women passengers on the safety precautions and provided emergency contact numbers.
- The team will collect the information such as seat number and contact information of the women passengers and will remain in contact throughout the journey.
- The collected information will be passed to the stations at the destination and scheduled stoppage stations.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- South Eastern Railway General Manager: Sanjay Kumar Mohanty.
- South Eastern Railway Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal.