In a unanimous decision, Srinivasan K. Swamy, the Executive Chairman of R.K. Swamy Hansa Group, has been elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the term 2023-2024. This significant appointment reflects Mr. Swamy’s extensive experience and leadership in the advertising and media industry. Alongside Mr. Swamy, other prominent figures were also elected to key positions within the Bureau for the upcoming year.
Srinivasan K. Swamy, A Distinguished Leader
Srinivasan K. Swamy is a highly regarded figure in the advertising and media world. He currently serves as the Chairman of the Asian Federation of Advertising Associations and has held pivotal leadership roles in numerous prominent organizations. These include the International Advertising Association (IAA), IAA India Chapter, Confederation of Asian Advertising Agency Associations, Advertising Agencies Association of India, Advertising Standards Council of India, All India Management Association, Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and Madras Management Association. Mr. Swamy’s contributions to the industry have been recognized with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award by the Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI).
Key Appointments in the Bureau
In addition to Mr. Swamy’s election as Chairman, several other distinguished individuals have been appointed to crucial positions within the Audit Bureau of Circulations:
- Deputy Chairman: Riyad Mathew, Chief Associate Editor and Director of Malayala Manorama, will serve as the Deputy Chairman representing publisher members on the council.
- Secretary: Mohit Jain, Executive Director of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Limited, has been unanimously elected as the Secretary of the Bureau, representing publisher members on the council.
- Treasurer: Vikram Sakhuja, Partner & Group CEO Media & OOH of Madison Communications Private Limited, has been unanimously re-elected as the Treasurer of the Bureau, representing advertising agencies members on the council.
Council of Management
The Bureau’s Council of Management for the term 2023-2024 comprises individuals representing various sectors of the advertising and media industry:
Advertising Agencies’ Representatives
- Srinivasan K. Swamy, R.K. Swamy Limited (Chairman)
- Vikram Sakhuja, Madison Communications (Treasurer)
- Prasanth Kumar, Group M Media India Private Limited
- Vaishali Verma, Initiative Media (India) Private Limited
- Riyad Mathew, Malayala Manorama (Deputy Chairman)
- Pratap G. Pawar, Sakal Papers
- Shailesh Gupta, Jagran Prakashan
- Praveen Someshwar, HT Media
- Mohit Jain, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Limited (Secretary)
- Dhruba Mukherjee, ABP Private Limited
- Karan Darda, Lokmat Media
- Girish Agarwal, DB Corp Limited
- Karunesh Bajaj, ITC Limited
- Aniruddha Haldar, TVS Motor Company Limited
- Shashank Srivastava, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Hormuzd Masani serves as the Secretary General of the Audit Bureau of Circulations.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) Founded: 1948;
- Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) Headquarters: Mumbai.