Global banking group Standard Chartered has partnered with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to launch a payment platform for the airline industry in India. IATA Pay will be a new payment option that enables participating airlines to offer instant payment options such as UPI Scan and Pay and UPI Collect (Request to Pay). Standard Chartered will be supporting the rollout of IATA Pay in other markets as well.
IATA Pay in India is powered by Standard Chartered’s Straight2Bank Pay, a payment platform that helps online merchants digitalise collections via multiple payment options through single global connectivity.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Standard Chartered CEO: Bill Winters (10 Jun 2015–);
- Standard Chartered Founded: 1969, London, United Kingdom.
- International Air Transport Association Headquarters: Montreal, Canada;
- International Air Transport Association DG: Willie Walsh;
- International Air Transport Association Founded: 19 April 1945, Havana, Cuba.