Uttarakhand Anti-Copying Law
The country’s strictest Anti-Copying Law has come into force in Uttarakhand. Governor Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh has approved the Uttarakhand Competitive Examination (Measures for Prevention and Prevention of Unfair Means in Recruitment) Ordinance 2023. In view of this, the Anti-Copying Law is being described as the biggest anti-copying law in the country. This comes after the UKPSC paper leak which led to cancellation of exam for around 1.4 lakh government job aspirants.
Strict provisions for those guilty of paper leak
- Under this Anti-Copying Law, a provision to impose a fine of 10 crores rupees along with life imprisonment or 10 years in jail for the copycat mafia. Apart from this, there is also a provision to attach the property of the copying mafia.
- Under the Uttarakhand Anti-Copying Law, Strict action will also be taken against the students who leak the paper. A provision has been made in the Act that if a student leaks paper in the recruitment examinations, or passes the examination by cheating, then that student will be banned for 10 years.
- This means that if a student is found indulging in this type of activity, he/she will not be able to appear in any recruitment examination for 10 years. They will not be able to take part in the recruitment examinations. Gangster Act will be imposed on such students.
- Also, their property will also be confiscated. This rule will be applicable to the students who leak the question paper and pass the examination dishonestly by purchasing it.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uttarakhand Governor: Gurmit Singh;
- Uttarakhand Chief minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami;
- Uttarakhand Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer).
You may also read this:
- India’s First Green Solar Panel Factory to Build by Luminous in Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand Governor Approved 30% Women’s Reservation Bill