Suryakumar Yadav has become the fastest player to reach 1,500 runs in T20 International cricket in terms of balls faced. The took only 843 balls to reach this landmark. In 45 matches and 43 innings, Suryakumar has scored 1,578 runs at an average of 46.41. He has three centuries and 13 half-centuries in the format, with the best individual score of 117.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
However, he is the third-fastest batter to reach the 1,500-run mark in terms of innings. The fastest batters to reach this landmark are Indian batter Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Australian veteran Aaron Finch and Pakistan skipper Babar Azam, who all took 39 innings to score 1,500 runs in T20 International cricket. Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Mohammed Rizwan reached the milestone in 42 innings and Suryakumar did so in 43 innings.
- Suryakumar also holds the record of being the second fastest Indian player to score a century in T20 Internationals. Suryakumar completed his 100 off just 45 balls. Captain Rohit Sharma, who scored a 35-ball century against Sri Lanka in 2017, is at the top spot.
- Sky also holds the second position among players who have scored the most centuries in international T20 matches. Captain Rohit Sharma is leading there too with four centuries. Aussie player Glenn Maxwell and New Zealand player Colin Munro are in second position with Suryakumar with three centuries.
You may also read this:
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance signs Suryakumar Yadav for a new campaign
- Suryakumar Yadav named as brand ambassador of UrbanGabru
- Indian batter Suryakumar Yadav becomes 1st Indian player to score 1,000 T20 runs