In the presence of senior officials from States/UTs and several Central Ministries, Shri Manoj Joshi, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), launched the ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi’ programme in an additional 126 cities across 14 States/UTs.
- PMSVANidhi’s extra initiative, ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi,‘ was launched in 125 cities in Phase 1 in 2021, covering around 35 lakh street vendors and their families. They have been given 22.5 lakh scheme sanctions, which include 16 lakh insurance benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeeban Jyoti Yojana, and 2.7 lakh pension benefits under the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana, among other things.
- Due to the success of Phase I, the MoHUA has expanded the programme to 126 cities, with the goal of covering 28 lakh street vendors and their families, with a total target of 20 lakh plan sanctions for FY 2022-23. The remaining cities would be added to the programme over time.
- Since June 1, 2020, MoHUA has been implementing the Prime Minister Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi), a Central Sector Scheme. The scheme, which aims to provide a low-cost working capital loan to street vendors, has already reached the 30-lakh milestone.
- The initiative, as envisioned by the Honourable Prime Minister, aims to not only provide loans to street sellers, but also to help them develop holistically and economically. With this in mind, the ‘SVANidhi se Samriddhi’ programme was established to provide social security benefits to street sellers in order to promote their holistic development and socioeconomic upliftment.
- Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs: Hardeep Singh Puri
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeeban Jyoti Yojana,
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana,