Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, M K Stalin has inaugurated a camp on 24th July to facilitate the registration of applicants to avail the Rs.1,000 monthly assistance scheme.
What’s in News?
A camp has been inaugurated by Tamil Nadu CM M K Stalin on 24th July with an objective to facilitate the registration of applicants to avail Rs.1,000 monthly assistance scheme.
Phases of Camp:
About 35,923 camps are set to be held across the state for the registration process:
- The first phase of this registration camp for Dharmapuri district would be held from July 24 to August 4 which aims to cover 2,21,484 ration card holders.
- The second of this camp would be conducted between 5 August and 16 August to cover 2,47,111 ration card holders.
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam (Scheme for Women’s Right):
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam is the major socio economic welfare scheme of Tamil Nadu Government which will going to launch on 15th of September 2023 under the Department of Social Welfare and Women Empowerment.
The main objective behind launching this scheme is to empower women financially so that their livelihood and standard of living will improve.
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thittam scheme will provide Rs.1,000 per month as financial assistance to the eligible women.
- Applicant should be a resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Applicant’s age should be above 21 years.
- Annual family income of the applicant should not be more than Rs.2,50,000 per year.
- Land holding of applicant’s family should not be more than 5 acre of wetland.
- The annual electricity consumption of applicant’s family should be below 3600 units.
- Domicile or residence proof of Tamil Nadu
- Passport size photographs
- Ration card
- Aadhar card
- Electricity bill
- Mobile number
- Bank account details
How to register under the Scheme?
Beneficiaries can register themselves under the scheme at the registration camps organized by CM M K Stalin from 24 July to 4 August.