Google signed a MoU with the Telangana government to bring the benefits of the digital economy to the state’s young and women entrepreneurs, and officially off the construction of its three million square foot headquarters in the city from the ground up.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- Telangana IT and Industries Minister K T Rama Rao was present when the MoU was signed.
- For decades to come, a 3 million sq ft energy-efficient campus designed with sustainability will be a hallmark for Hyderabad.
- Throughout its design, the three million square foot structure prioritises sustainability and energy efficiency.
- Google will work with the government through its various arms to provide scholarships for Google Career Certificates to Telangana’s youth, support women entrepreneurs through digital, business, and financial skills training, and support the government’s efforts to modernise schools with digital teaching and learning tools and solutions under the new initiative.
- The US-based Corporation will also support the state government’s attempts to improve public transportation and the use of digital technologies in agriculture as part of the cooperative endeavour.
Making a step-change in communities like as youth, women, and students, as well as citizen services, is the focus of the new MoU. Sanjay Gupta, Google India’s Country Head and Vice President, remarked that since the company’s inception in India, Hyderabad has been home to one of the company’s largest staff bases.
- Telangana IT and Industries Minister: K T Rama
- Chief Minister of Telanga: Sri Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai (Full name: Pichai Sundararajan)
- Google India’s Country Head and Vice President: Sanjay Gupta
Find More News Related to Agreements