The Telangana government has introduced ‘Aasara’ pensions as a part of the state’s welfare measures and social safety net strategy. The ‘Aasara’ pensions aim to secure life for all the poor. It is a welfare scheme for the older section of the state, widows, physically disabled, and beedi workers to avail pension facilities. Under the Asif Nagar Mandal jurisdiction 10,000 new Aasara pensions have been sanctioned.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to Aasara pensions
- The Aasara pension scheme was launched on 8th November 2014 by the Government of Telangana.
- The scheme provides pensions to old people, windows, patients suffering from elephantiasis or AIDS, physically disabled persons, beedi workers, and single women.
- On 7th March 2022, the Finance Minister of Telangana allocated Rs. 11,728 crores to the Aasara Pension scheme.
- The Pension has been increased from Rs 200 to Rs 2,016 per month by the state government given to the elderly, widows, AIDS patients, handloom workers, and toddy tappers.
- The pension for the differently-abled has been increased from Rs 500 to Rs 3,016 per month.
- The pension for single women, beedi workers, and filarial patients would be Rs 2,016 per month.