In a significant milestone for the Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP), Tiriyani Block of Kumuram Bheem Asifabad district, Telangana, has secured the top position in the first delta rankings announced by NITI Aayog. The rankings, revealed during a virtual event at NITI Aayog, showcased the outstanding performance and progress achieved by blocks across the country in the month of June 2023.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Drive Competitiveness
- The rankings were determined based on the performance of blocks and progress achieved in the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) during the month.
- This strategic approach aligns with the spirit of competitive and cooperative federalism, marking the first time that the ranking of blocks has been calculated as part of the Aspirational Blocks Programme.
ADP Rankings Recognize Achievements in October 2023
- In addition to ABP, the event also announced the Achievers of Development Programme (ADP) rankings for October 2023.
- Rayagada in Odisha and Jamui in Bihar secured the first and second ranks, respectively, in this initiative.
- The top-performing blocks and districts in thematic and overall categories were felicitated, emphasizing the dual focus on both blocks and districts.
Wall of Fame: Showcasing Excellence and Impact
- A novel initiative was unveiled during the event, where the top rankers of ABP and ADP will be displayed on the Wall of Fame at NITI Aayog.
- The Wall of Fame serves as a testament to the endeavors and projects undertaken by Aspirational Blocks and Districts to improve their indicators and achieve notable progress.
- Hon’ble Vice Chairman, along with Hon’ble Members of NITI Aayog, inaugurated the Wall of Fame, celebrating the achievements of the best-performing Aspirational Blocks and Districts in the country.
Zonal Rankings Highlight Regional Success
- Geographically dividing the blocks into six zones, the rankings recognized the top performers in each zone.
- Notable winners include:
Zone Rank Block District State 1 1 Amri West Karbi Anglong Assam 1 2 Ngopa Saitual Mizoram 2 1 Harraiya Basti Uttar Pradesh 2 2 Virno Ghazipur Uttar Pradesh
- Winners from Zones 3 to 6 were:
Blocks Districts States Maski Raichur Karnataka Narnoor Adilabad Telangana Sironcha, Aheri Gadhichiroli Maharashtra Tirla, Pati Dhar, Barwani Madhya Pradesh Andar Siwan Bihar Ramgarh Dumka Jharkhand
Recognition and Rewards for Zonal Winners
- The winners from each zone will be felicitated with a prize amount of Rs. 1.5 crores for the top rank and Rs. 1 crore for the second rank in all zonal categories, acknowledging their exceptional efforts and progress.
About Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP)
- Launched on January 7, 2023, ABP focuses on improving governance to enhance the quality of life in the most challenging and underdeveloped blocks of India.
- The program includes 500 blocks from 329 districts across 27 states and 4 Union Territories, emphasizing convergence of existing schemes, defining outcomes, and constant monitoring.
Strategic Approach: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Baseline Data
- In consultation with various stakeholders, 40 key performance indicators (KPIs) were chosen to measure progress, grouped into 5 themes.
- Baseline data as of March 31, 2023, and the first quarter on June 30, 2023, of 500 Aspirational Blocks were sourced through the Management Information System of 11 ministries.
- The first Delta rank was calculated based on the improvement made in the first quarter.
Important Questions Related to Exams
Q: Which block secured the top position in the first delta rankings of the Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP) in June 2023?
A: Tiriyani Block of Kumuram Bheem Asifabad district, Telangana, secured the top position.
Q: What is the primary basis for calculating the rankings of blocks in the Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP)?
A: The rankings are calculated based on the performance of blocks and progress achieved in the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the month of June 2023.
Q: When was the Aspirational Blocks Programme (ABP) launched, and what is its primary focus?
A: ABP was launched on January 7, 2023, with a focus on improving governance to enhance the quality of life in underdeveloped blocks of India.