Mr. Ram Chandra Prasad Singh, Minister of Steel, praised India’s steel sector on its remarkable performance on a global scale and encouraged it to continue at this level in the year 2022. This production momentum will help India to meet the predicted level of 500 million tonnes of production capacity in the following 25 years.
- According to data released by the World Steel Association on April 22, India is the only country among the top ten steel-producing nations in the world that grew steel output from January to March 2022 over the same period last year.
- India produced 9 million tonnes of steel, up 5.9% over the previous year.
- India’s growth rate is 4.4 percent, with 9 million tonnes of steel produced in March 2022.
- The only other country in the top 10 that saw a rise in steel production in March is
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister of Steel: Mr. Ram Chandra Prasad Singh