Delhi Government has undertaken a unique initiative of using robots for extinguishing fires in the city. Initially, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government inducted two robots into Delhi’s firefighting fleet that will be able to douse fires in narrow streets, warehouses, basements, stairs, forests and enter places like oil and chemical tankers and factories. These remote-controlled fire fighting robots will have greater accessibility to places and will be able to navigate narrow lanes, reach spaces inaccessible to humans and perform tasks too risky for people.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Key points of the initiative:
- The firefighters of Delhi Fire Service have also been given specialised training to operate the robot and a separate SOP has also been prepared which will be followed to control the fire. The robots were bought from an Austrian company.
- This initiative will help reduce collateral damage and save precious lives. This machine can be operated remotely from a distance of 300 metres. It will not be affected by fire, smoke, heat, or any other adverse condition.
- With the help of remote control, it can be sent inside the areas affected by the fire and has a tracking system like army tanks, through which these robots can easily climb stairs. It has a 140-horsepower engine.
- The sensor and camera are installed in the front part of the robot. The sensor will go near the fire and release the water according to the temperature there.
- The fire-resistant robots equipped with modern technology can cover an area of about 100 metres at once and is capable of dousing the fire immediately.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Delhi Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal;
- Delhi Governor: Vinai Kumar Saxena.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here