The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has put a probe called Hope in the orbit around the MARS. UAE has become the fifth country to launch the spacecraft into the orbit of MARS after United States, Soviet Union, Europe and India. With the successful launch of spacecraft in orbit, UAE scientists can now study the planet’s atmosphere.
WARRIOR 5.0 Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams Banking Awareness Online Coaching | Bilingual
The space mission will carry the study on daily and seasonal weather cycles and weather events such as dust storm in the lower atmosphere. It will study how the weather varies in different regions on the MARS.
About the mission:
- The spacecraft had left the Earth seven months ago.
- The spacecraft carries three instruments with it to observe how neutral atoms of Oxygen and Hydrogen leak into space. The hydrogen and oxygen came into the MARS’ atmosphere are the remnants from Mars’ once abundant water.
- The Hope spacecraft will bring the spectacular, high-resolution, full-disk images of MARS.
- The spacecraft also seeks to study why the planet is losing the hydrogen and oxygen into space.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- President of UAE: Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
- Capital of UAE: Abu Dhabi; Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham.