Union Budget session 2023-24
The Budget session of Parliament will start today. President Droupadi Murmu will address the joint sitting of the two Houses of Parliament today to kick off the budget session. Along with the Economic Survey, the Union Budget will be presented to Parliament on Tuesday.
Union Budget session 2023-24: Highlights
- The Economic Survey will also be laid before both Houses. The Union Budget 2023–24 will be unveiled tomorrow.
- This year, the budget session will last through April 6. It will be held over 66 days in 27 sittings. The first portion of the workshop will continue through February 13th.
- The Parliamentary Standing Committees responsible for each department will be given time to review the requests for grants and submit findings pertaining to their respective Ministries and Departments from February 14 through March 12.
When will the second round of budget session 2023-24 take place?
- The second round of the budget session will start on March 13 and go until April 6.
- An all-party meeting was held on Monday at Parliament House Complex in advance of the Parliamentary Budget Session (30 January).
- To ensure the smooth operation of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha, the Government requested cooperation from all political parties.