Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, inaugurated the Krishnaveni Sangeetha Neerajanam at Tummalapalli Kalakshetram in Vijayawada. The event took place in the presence of notable dignitaries, including Smt R K Roja, Minister for Tourism, Government of Andhra Pradesh, and Shri Buggana Rajendranath, Minister for Finance, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Celebrating Telugu Culture
- During the inauguration, Minister Sitharaman highlighted the rich legacy of Telugu culture and the significant contributions of the Telugu language to classical traditions.
- She commended the efforts to organize the grand music festival in Andhra Pradesh, emphasizing the need to revive the glorious traditions and introduce them to the younger generation.
Annual Tradition Proposal
- Minister Sitharaman proposed that the Krishnaveni Sangeetha Neerajanam become an annual feature, expanding its reach to other prominent towns like Rajahmundry and Visakhapatnam.
- She shared her personal connection to the beauty of the Telugu language, citing the influence of Tyagaraja and Shyama Sastri Kritis.
- The festival promises a three-day classical music extravaganza featuring performances by renowned musicians, an exhibition and sale of regional cuisine, local handicrafts, and handlooms.
Day One Highlights
- The morning session featured soul-stirring melodies of Nagaswaram, a rendition of Veda Parayanam, and a Taal Vaadya Kacheri.
- The afternoon session included insightful lecture demonstrations and a captivating Harikatha performance.
- The evening session showcased carnatic vocal music performances by leading musicians.
Ancient Musical Instruments Exhibition
- An Ancient Musical Instruments Exhibition at Tummalapalli Kalakshetram showcased meticulously preserved and restored musical instruments.
- This unique attraction focused on rebuilding and restoring ancient musical instruments of antiquity.
Presence of Dignitaries
- Dignitaries present at the occasion included Shri Malladi Vishnu, Vice Chairman, AP Planning Commission, Smt. Rayana Bhagya Lakshmi, Mayor of Vijayawada, Smt Sandhya Purecha, Chairman, Sangeet Natak Akademi, and other esteemed personalities.
Important Questions Related to Exams
Q1: What event did Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurate in Vijayawada, and who were the key dignitaries present?
A1: Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Krishnaveni Sangeetha Neerajanam in Vijayawada. Key dignitaries included Smt R K Roja, Minister for Tourism, and Shri Buggana Rajendranath, Minister for Finance, both from the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Q2: What aspects of Telugu culture and language did Minister Sitharaman emphasize during the inauguration?
A2: Minister Sitharaman highlighted the rich legacy of Telugu culture and the significant contributions of the Telugu language to classical traditions. She expressed her appreciation for the beauty of Telugu on listening to Tyagaraja and Shyama Sastri Kritis.
Q3: What proposal did Minister Sitharaman make regarding the Krishnaveni Sangeetha Neerajanam, and why?
A3: Minister Sitharaman proposed that the Krishnaveni Sangeetha Neerajanam become an annual event, extending its reach to other prominent towns. She emphasized the need to bring alive the glorious traditions of the region and introduce them to the younger generation.