Unmesh, a three-day international literary festival, opened at Gaiety Theater in Dublin. The event will bring together approximately 425 writers, poets, translators, critics, and notable figures from 15 nations, representing over 60 languages. Union Minister of State for Culture Arjun Ram Meghawal gave the festival its official start.
- During the three-day festival, over 1,000 books relevant to the civil rights movement will be on display.
- Geetanjali Shree, the Booker Prize-winning author, will speak about women’s writing in Indian languages.
- Unmesh is being held for the first time, according to Meghwal, and similar functions will be performed in different parts of the country.
- As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the festival is organised by the Union Ministry of Culture and the Sahitya Akademi with cooperation from the Himachal Pradesh Department of Art and Culture.
- Unmesh, a celebration of expression, is the country’s largest international literary festival to date.