Radha Iyengar Plumb, an Indian-American, is currently the Chief of Staff to the Deputy Secretary of Defense. US President Joe Biden has nominated Radha Iyengar Plumb to a top Pentagon position. Ms. Plumb, who is currently the Chief of Staff to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, was nominated to the position of Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment on Wednesday.
About Radha Iyengar Plumb:
- Plumb began her career as an assistant professor at the London School of Economics and completed her postdoctoral studies at Harvard University.
- She has a BS in Economics and a PhD in Economics from Princeton University.
- Plumb was previously the Director of Research and Insights for Trust and Safety at Google, where she led cross-functional teams focused on business analytics, data science, and technical research.
- She previously worked at Facebook as the Global Head of Policy Analysis, where she was responsible for high-risk/high-harm safety and important international security concerns.
- Plumb formerly worked at RAND Corporation as a senior economist, where she focused on strengthening the measurement and evaluation of preparedness and security activities across the Department of Defense.
- She has also worked in the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, and the White House National Security Council as a senior staff member on national security issues.