Uttrakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the ‘Lakhpati Didi’ fair at the survey of India Maidan, Hathbarkala in Dehradun. The fair is part of an initiative undertaken by the BJP government to empower women in the state. The Rural Development department of the Uttrakhand government has made preparations to make 1.25 lakh women from self-help groups ‘Lakhpati’ by 2025.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister launches Lakhpati Didi Yojana- Key Points
- The CM launched the ‘Lakhpati Didi Yojana’ to make 1.25 lakh women from self-help groups ‘Lakhpati’ by 2025.
- In the year 2025, the state will complete 25 years of the formation, and coincidentally the project will be also completed by 2025.
- 1.25 lakh of the 3.67 lakh women belonging to self-help groups will become ‘Lakhpati’ under the targeted livelihood initiative.
- Under the ‘Lakhpati Didi’ scheme women belonging to self-help groups (SHGs) will be encouraged to take up micro-enterprises with skill development.
- The government will tie up e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, and Government e-Marketplace so that the SHG products get national and international markets.