Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has launched the “Mukhyamantri Udyaman Khiladi Unnayan Yojana” on the occasion of National Sports Day. The Chief Minister Sports Development Fund will be established to be given financial benefits to the students according to accelerated rules.
On this occasion, in view of the shortage of sports coaches, the Chief Minister appointed eight sports coaches in each district, established of Chief Minister’s Sports Development Fund to give quick financial benefits to the players as per rules and four per cent reservation for skilled players in state services. Also announced to try to implement again.
Under the scheme:
- A sports scholarship of Rs 1500 per month will be given to budding sportspersons between the age group of eight to 14 years.
- Every year a total of 3900 budding sportspersons will be given scholarships, which will include 1950 boys and 1950 girls.
- After this, players of 14 to 23 years will also be given scholarships.
- Malchang game will also be included in the game policy. Efforts will be made again to implement a 4 per cent reservation for sportspersons in government jobs as before.
- The State Sports Award is being provided as well as the Himalayan Gems Sports Awards as well as Devbhoomi Uttarakhand Sports Ratna, and Devbhoomi Uttarakhand Dronacharya Awards.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami;
- Uttarakhand Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer);
- Uttarakhand Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh.