The Government of Uttarakhand is set to implement the ‘Him Prahari’ Scheme which is meant for ex-servicemen and youngsters. The Uttarakhand Govt is seeking the cooperation of the Union Government to implement the scheme in areas bordering the Uttarakhand. The scheme will also prioritise settling ex-servicemen in areas bordering the state.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
The scheme is aimed at stopping the migration of people from Uttarakhand and will focus on areas where migration occurs at a rapid phase so that people stay put, and not move out. The estimated expenditure of the scheme is around Rs 5.45 crore. The Him Prahari Scheme was announced by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Uttarakhand unit in its 2022 Election Manifesto.
- The Him Prahari scheme is meant for ex-servicemen and youngsters.
- It is aimed at stopping the migration of people from the state.
- The scheme will focus on areas where migration occurs at a rapid phase so that people stay put and move out of the state.
- Under the scheme, the state will prioritise settling ex-servicemen in areas bordering the state.
- The state government will provide all necessary assistance to the ex-servicemen and the youth of the state to settle in the districts that share international borders keeping long-term national interests in mind.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami;
- Uttarakhand Capitals: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer);
- Uttarakhand Governor: Lt Gen Gurmit Singh.