Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar and Union Textile Minister Piyush Goyal honored Mohammad Yusuf Khatri with a gold medal and Tamra Patra at Vigyan Bhawan. Mohammad Yusuf Khatri of the Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh has been awarded the Shilp Guru Award for the year 3017 for the conservation of the legacy of Bagh Print handicrafts.
Vice President Conferred Shilp Guru and National Awards to Master Craftsperson- Key Points
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar has conferred Shilp Guru and National Awards to master craftspersons for 2017, 2018, and 2019 in New Delhi.
- These awards were conferred every year to legendary master craftspersons of handicrafts whose work has contributed to the preservation of the rich and diverse craft heritage of India.
- The main objective of the award is to give recognition to outstanding craftspersons in the handicrafts sector.
- The awardees represent almost all states and Union Territories of the country and different crafts styles to different locations.
- Union Textile Minister Piyush Goyal informed that India is one of the major handicraft hubs of the world and its handicrafts export is increasing continuously.
- Vice President congratulated the artists and said that they are cultural ambassadors of the country.
- The Vice President lauded the government for the massive vaccination drive for Covid-19.